I know that's what you're thinking. I've blogged for almost 20 months now, why am I just doing an intro post now? Well, I'm never one for doing things in the right order. Plus, this post isn't so much to say Hi, I'm Michelle, it's to let you a little deeper into the inner-workings of my mind (scary, right? LOL) We needed to know each other for a while before I could introduce the full crazy.
Here's my introduction then: My name is Michelle and I'm a walking contradiction. Why? Let's look at it:
- I'm not a big believer in astrology, yet I can tell you that I'm a Taurus and a Dog. I can tell you that both of those star-signs put me in the category of incredibly stubborn, fiercely loyal, and sometimes a little hard to take and understand.
- I don't make friends easily, in fact reaching out to people is one of the hardest things in the world for me. Yet, the friends I do have I would go to the ends of the Earth for.
- I am not a fan of maths, and yet I work in an accounts based job. (I'm not bad at maths, in fact it works in my head in a way I don't understand, I just don't enjoy it).
- I am the biggest softie in the world when it comes to not wanting to hurt people's feelings or put people out. I have gone out of my way many times for complete strangers. Yet, my family and friends I'm often blunt, rude, and forgetful towards (sorry guys, I know I do this and I make an effort to try not to, but it's from a place of love y'all!)
- I am my own biggest critic and will never, ever think my work is good enough. I will constantly want to improve. Yet I'm a huge dreamer and like to think that one day I could have authoring as my full-time job.
- I am proud of each and every story despite thinking that my collective stories will never be good enough.
- I'm not religious, but I am somewhat spiritual. I believe in fate, destiny and that when you're time is up, it's up.
- Again, I'm not religious, but I will fully defend the rights of everyone to have whatever belief they want (just, don't try to convert me, I'm really not interested).
- I love where I work, yet there are days I really don't want to go.
- I love all things romance, yet I am not a romantic person.
- I love girly clothes and colours and yet, I am not a "girly" girl (I don't even wear make-up or nice shoes unless forced).
How about you, are you a walking contradiction too or are you straight-up and straight-forward (I'm jealous if you are!).