Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
In my last post I mentioned that I was about to head off on an adventure. Well, that adventure is now over but not forgotten. I am now home, having arrived just in time for Christmas. In case you are wondering, I had an absolute blast!
Honestly is there anything better than a good holiday?
What did I bring back from my trip (besides a fuller suitcase than I left with)?
Well, I brought home quite a few things:
- My first tattoo;
- A deeper love for Shakespeare--which admittedly was pretty huge before I went;
- A profound appreciation for just how young a nation Australia actually is;
- A few ideas of new stories that are beginning to percolate;
- Great memories of a wonderful city; and
- The experience of meeting one of my heroes (David Tennant)--even if it was just a brief stage-door meeting.
Now that I'm back home, I am trying to recover from jet lag and am working on getting back into the swing of regular writing and editing.
In a few days time, the new year will be on us. I have yet to decide exactly what my resolutions will be but I do I know that 2014 will be a great one in our household if only for the fact that my publishing journey should take some significant and very exciting leaps and bounds during the year.
Hopefully your own holidays were great. Without getting too sappy, this time of the year is definitely good for catching up with family and friends alike.